[NANOG] OSPF minutia, and, technote publication venues

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Mon May 5 17:01:07 UTC 2008

 	Hello All ,

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Paul Vixie wrote:
> scg at gibbard.org (Steve Gibbard) writes:
...snip...
>> But yes, Joe's ISC TechNote is an excellent document, and was a big help
>> in figuring out how to set this up a few years ago.
>
> and now for something completely different -- where in the interpipes could
> a document like that have been published, vs. ISC's web site?  the amount
> of red tape and delay involved in Usenix or IETF or IEEE or ACM are vastly
> more than most smart ops people are willing to put in.  where is the light /
> middle weight class, or is every organization or person who wants to publish
> this kind of thing going to continue to have the exclusive and bad choice of
> "blog it, or write an article for ;login:/ACM-Queue/Circle-ID, or write an
> academic paper and wait ten months"?  isn't this a job for... NANOG?
 	Hear ,  Hear !  I second the motion .
 	Sorry about the 1-2 line response ,  But I beleive it was needed .

 		Twyl ,  JimL
| James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
| Network&System Engineer | 2133    McCullam Ave |  Give me Linux  |
| babydr at baby-dragons.com | Fairbanks, AK. 99701 |   only  on  AXP |