NANOG laptops (was Re: Customer-facing ACLs)

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Mar 9 19:21:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:40 PM, William Norton wrote:
>> I was quite surprised to see the large number of Mac laptops at
>> NANOG 42.  I didn't do a formal count but it seemed like about 1/4
>> to 1/3 of the laptops in use were Macs.
>
> ...You know, now that you mention it, I was also quite impressed
> with how many macbook pros there were in room as well.   That would
> be good to informally track I think :
>
> what tools(laptops) do NANOG folk tend to use?

Macbook Pro (all of IANA (with one recent exception) use Macs of one
form or another).

> as this data might help SW dev types to target their netTools
> distributions to mac platforms more quickly.

That would be nice.

> In the good ole days it seemed like 99% were PCs & maybe a couple
> were reinstalled with some form of unix,

I remember the 'good old days' a bit differently -- folks were indeed
using PCs (Digital HiNote Ultras and hten Sony Vaio 505TXs) but
reinstallation was the norm. Maybe it was just to crowd I hung out
with...

Regards,
-drc