Mail Server best practices - was: Pandora's Box of new TLDs

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Jun 30 20:12:09 UTC 2008

>On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 05:25:16PM -0500,
> Chris Owen <owenc at hubris.net> wrote
> a message of 53 lines which said:

>It is because, if someone reports (by telephone, IRC or IRL) that he
>sent an email and I did not receive it, I regard as VERY IMPORTANT to
>be able to check the spam folder (with a search tool, not by hand) and

In article
<!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAKTyXRN5/+lGvU59a+P7CFMBAN6gY+ZG84BMpVQcAbDh1IQAA
[email protected]>, Frank Bulk -
iNAME <frnkblk at iname.com> writes
>You mean, you don't employ *any* spam mitigation techniques besides sorting?
>Because if you do anything, even as basic as RBLs, you're not being
>consistent with your stance.

I agree completely with Chris Owen's approach, even though I use spam
mitigation techniques.

The reason for this is because those "lost" emails that I very
occasionally rescue from the spam bucket are:

NOT sent by someone on an RBL

NOT sent to an unpublished and unused address
                                (eg sales at internetpolicyagency.com)
etc.
--
Roland Perry