what problem are we solving? (was Re: ICANN opens up Pandora'sBox of

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Sun Jun 29 20:42:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Peter Beckman <beckman at angryox.com> wrote:
>> Let the search engines organize the web, not DNS.
>
> OK, (assuming you believe that), why keep dns around.  Why not go back
> to just IP addrs and hosts files for those that need them.

Because the Internet is not governemned, common misbelief aside. It's a
mess of capitalism and anarchism. In fact, The Internet is the only
functioning anarchu.

I see no reason why search engines won't, they already do, whether we want
to admit it or not, for the home user they ARE the Internet.

 	Gadi.