Cloud service [was: RE: EC2 and GAE means end of ip address reputation industry? (Re: Intrustion attempts from Amazon EC2 IPs)]

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Jun 23 12:31:20 UTC 2008

When I hear "cloud services" I think "in the network" even though it appears
all these cloud services perform their work at a data center as an
outsourced service.

Is there a vendor that makes a product that perform spam/malware filtering
literally in the network, i.e. as a service provider, can I provide spam
filtering for the enterprises in my customer base by adding a piece of
network gear?  I'm not aware of one today except those who provide
enterprise-oriented gateways like SonicWall.

Frank