smstools and CDMA

Andrey Gordon andrey.gordon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:43:08 UTC 2008

Douglas,

I have a RHEL server that I connected MultiTech CDMA modem (MTCBA-C-U-N3)
and running smstools3 with it. Some hackery was needed and it still does not
work ideally. What I mean by that, i had to modify the source code of
smstools3 to work around GSM SMS message format.
In the end it works except one thing: I believe, because of the way smstools
addresses memory where the message to be sent is stored, it never releases
that memory back. So as a result, it always retains the last message in
memory and when a new one needs to be send and if it's shorted then then
previous one, I see the new message and leftovers of the previous one at the
end.

Let me know if you want some documents that I wrote up when I was messing
with it.

Andrey Gordon [andrey.gordon at gmail.com]