P2P agents for software distribution - saving the WAN from meltdown?!?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Jun 18 15:27:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008, Warren Kumari wrote:

> Yes, P2P is not the web, but the general principle still applies -- I
> don't think that handing over the censorship keys to my ISP is a
> reasonable solution...

I dunno, an RSS type feed of bittorrent files which can be subscribed
to would be useful. You could then just subscribe to certain content,
implictly trusting that they're publishing sensible content (and filtering
the content you seed your torrent with using tags or some such.)

You could then subscribe to various projects' downloads and mirror
appropriately.

Of course, this could already be being done; I haven't any idea. :)

Adrian