So why don't US citizens get this?

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at
Mon Jul 28 10:08:36 CDT 2008

I think it is simply the matter of ROI - Return on Investment - issue.
I'm still living in the area without city water, and when there is power
outage, I don't have water at all since my water pump still needs
But some rural area has FTTH because of government funding RUS
( project.
And most of urban area, people are still happy with cable modem service.

People in Japan and South Korea are more of tendency to become
So when they have new products, they wants to try it by majority.
But in U.S., we are still cost oriented, and if we don't need it, we
don't buy it. ^^

That's my 2 cents.