SANS: DNS Bug Now Public?

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:16:26 UTC 2008

Let me add that folks need to understand that the "patch" is not a fix to a
problem that has been there for long time and
it is just a workaround to reduce the chances for a potential
attack, and it must be combined with best practices and
recommendations to implent a more robust DNS setup.

There are plenty of documents out there (check cert.org for example) that
can provide some guidance.

Perhaps this situation will help move things on the DNSSEC front, as far as
I remember there are some IETF drafts on
the standards track addressing these issues.
Cheers
Jorge