Level 3 issues

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Sun Dec 28 19:21:57 UTC 2008

marco wrote:

>>From what I heard, it was some some malfunction with a router in
> Washington D.C. which terminated a 100GB bundle from Paris. It was
> carring about 50GB at the time of the failure.
>
> Not sure why routes within the US would be effected.

We connect to level3 in Ashburn/DC and saw traffic drop 50% in both
directions on that port.  Testing showed 100% loss on 50% of the
flows.  We shut that port down and now it won't come back up.  I have
link but no arp for their IP.  This is a new link that was turned
up in the past few weeks.

- Kevin