Level 3 issues

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Dec 28 19:21:50 UTC 2008

On 12/28/08, Blake Pfankuch <bpfankuch at cpgreeley.com> wrote:
> Any word on the actual cause of the issue?

Given the lurking presence of wannabe press vultures here, I
doubt you'll see anything forthcoming from the technical folks
about what actually happened.  This is not to say that people
haven't been informed of the issue, it's simply that NANOG is
no longer a friendly hapy techie-only place where such information
can be shared without it being seized on and quoted without
permission by the press.

Bitter?  Just a bit, yes.  After having what I mentioned here get
quoted by the press without permission, it's very clear that there
will be no more technical commentary/feedback/information flow
through this channel from me or any of the other people at the
company for which I work, more's the pity.  If you can find a
forum where engineers can share information freely without
having to worry about being quoted by the press, you might
try enquiring there.  ^_^;

Matt