Gigabit Linux Routers

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Dec 22 06:23:26 UTC 2008

> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:58:42 +0900
> From: Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>
>
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
>
> > I'm not shure if this setup would ever be "stable".
> > also with ucarp tweaks.
> > hopefully freebsd supports soon more than 1 route.
> >

> FreeBSD, like all good open source projects, gets features supported when
> people code them up.
>
> So if you'd like to see FreeBSD support it, either code it up, or
> pay someone to code it up. Then everyone benefits. :)

I might mention that the development branch of FreeBSD (8-current) now
supports multiple routing tables, so it looks like it is on the
way. Note that these are being done for broader purposes than those
being discussed in this thread, but I believe that they will do most of
what is needed.

If you are interested, I'm sure Julian would appreciate testing and
input.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)