Gigabit Linux Routers

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Sat Dec 20 03:19:15 UTC 2008

Brandon Galbraith wrote:
> I wasn't aware of imagestream using any custom (asic) hardware, except
> the T1/3 cards in the concentrator we bought from them (worked like a
> champ, btw).

It doesn't have to be hardware. Even their custom developed drivers and
software isn't available on anything but their platform.

But true, their products show, what can be done even without custom
hardware. It's a matter of optimizing the drivers and a careful
selection of hardware.

All I was referring to, is that if you take a Linux box, Quagga, stock
hardware, you might not get quite the same results. And don't get me
wrong, we use Quagga and are quite happy with it.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen