What is the most standard subnet length on internet

정치영 lionair at samsung.com
Fri Dec 19 02:40:47 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm going to rebuild IP allocation policy of my company and I am looking for some standard reference for my policy.
I have already studied some standard like RFC1518, RIPE181, RFC2050 and I got it is very important to maintain hierachy structure.
However, what I am really wondering is what is the most standard subnet length that always can be guaranteed through Internet. less than /24 bit ?
I could not find any documents about that, which subnet length is most proper value and pursue internet standard policy ?

Could anyone give me some information guides ?

Best wishes,
Chiyoung
 Chi-Young Joung
 SAMSUNG NETWORKS Inc.
 Email: lionair at samsung.com
 Tel +82 70 7015 0623, Mobile +82 17 520 9193
 Fax +82 70 7016 0031