Global Crossing SOC

J. Oquendo sil at
Wed Dec 17 15:01:12 CST 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Fouant, Stefan wrote:

> [...]

I thought I had made it clear about the cons. Obviously the con would
be someone contacting say Global or Level3 or someone else with: "OMFG
like... Some virus!", the cost of doing business. That doesn't stop
them NOW from Googling "security" +"Global", they're not doing an nslookup
for contact information. I would like to believe that the majority of
people doing nslookup's for contact information usually have a higher
grasp of what they're looking for. Ask any "Average Joe" to perform an
nslookup and compare those results to deer on the highways looking at
those high-beams.

You can't expect someone with a less than mission critical reason to
contact someone in a higher position, there is no guarantee someone
wouldn't be clueful enough to just Google "SOC" +"Global Crossing"

What I infer from you is "right... Buddy go ahead and do it... Then
the whole world will be screaming about not-so-important shtuff!"
If this is the case, what's to stop them from using Google. For the
most part, we can infer a large portion of users outside of those
with *some* form of networking concepts/experience, can use and know
what nslookup is for. Placing relevant information is not going to
"cripple SOC" no more than Google would.

J. Oquendo

"Enough research will tend to support your
conclusions." - Arthur Bloch

"A conclusion is the place where you got
tired of thinking" - Arthur Bloch

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E