Global Crossing SOC

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Wed Dec 17 21:01:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Fouant, Stefan wrote:

> [...]

I thought I had made it clear about the cons. Obviously the con would
be someone contacting say Global or Level3 or someone else with: "OMFG
like... Some virus!", the cost of doing business. That doesn't stop
them NOW from Googling "security" +"Global", they're not doing an nslookup
for contact information. I would like to believe that the majority of
people doing nslookup's for contact information usually have a higher
grasp of what they're looking for. Ask any "Average Joe" to perform an
nslookup and compare those results to deer on the highways looking at
those high-beams.

You can't expect someone with a less than mission critical reason to
contact someone in a higher position, there is no guarantee someone
wouldn't be clueful enough to just Google "SOC" +"Global Crossing"
+SOC

(http://www.google.com/search?q=%22global+crossing%22+%2B%22SOC%22+%2Bcontact)

What I infer from you is "right... Buddy go ahead and do it... Then
the whole world will be screaming about not-so-important shtuff!"
If this is the case, what's to stop them from using Google. For the
most part, we can infer a large portion of users outside of those
with *some* form of networking concepts/experience, can use and know
what nslookup is for. Placing relevant information is not going to
"cripple SOC" no more than Google would.

J. Oquendo
SGFA, SGFE, C|EH, CNDA, CHFI, OSCP

"Enough research will tend to support your
conclusions." - Arthur Bloch

"A conclusion is the place where you got
tired of thinking" - Arthur Bloch

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E