Netblock reassigned from Chile to US ISP...

Nathan Stratton nathan at
Fri Dec 12 17:14:38 CST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 2008-12-12, at 15:02, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
>> It's a misconception of some muppets, especially in IT related products,
>> that forget, that a lot or IT professionals do travel all over the world
>> and usually have a credit card in their home country.
>> Pure and utter nonsense.
> Or perhaps the hassle of dealing with stolen US credit card numbers from
> clients outside the US costs far more money than you could hope to make back
> with the purchases of US nationals travelling overseas?
> Could well be muppets, but surely there are other possibilities.

Sad but true, we have had to turn off signups outside the US because of
that very problem. Yes, I am sure we lose some sales, but in general it is
not worth the fraud costs.

Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at                         nathan at