Telecom Collapse?

Paul Bosworth pbosworth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:59:06 UTC 2008

There will always be exceptions to the rule. Nature can be quite ugly to
service infrastructure and the best service providers can do is pull double
duty to get services back up as quickly as possible. As you said, cellular
was torn up pretty badly, but then again so was the power grid and the
hardened POTS infrastructure. You make a good point about the data lines
that feed cell towers. Of the cell site outages I have dealt with, every one
of them was due to data line loss.

phb

--
Paul H Bosworth