Telecom Collapse?

Chris Adams cmadams at
Thu Dec 4 08:48:27 CST 2008

Once upon a time, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster at> said:
> I deliberated for a while on whether to send this, or not, but  I figure it
> might be of interest to this community:

One thing doesn't make sense in that article: it talks about POTS being
subsidized by other services, and people cutting POTS lines.  Wouldn't
that be _good_ for the companies and their other services?  The way the
article describes things, fewer POTS lines = smaller subsidies taken
from other services = better profits for other services and the company.

Chris Adams <cmadams at>