Recommendation of Tools

Anders Lindbäck list-only at dnz.se
Wed Dec 3 18:01:37 UTC 2008

Mtr is even less usefull then that, in its default mode it does a
traceroute and then proceeds to ICMP Ping flood each IP in the list
generated by the traceroute, the result is usually completly useless
on WAN topologies due to asym-routing, ICMP node protections by
carriers and punting etc..

And using UDP will not really provide better results due to the same
thing, and IIRC Cisco from 12.0 has a standard setting of no more
then 1 ICMP Unreach per 500ms..

Anders Lindbäck
anders.lindback at dnz.se