an over-the-top data center

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Tue Dec 2 21:21:39 UTC 2008

Speaking as a Datacenter Manager who (believe it or not) at one time was an
Art Director, I have to say that the "ambience" in those photographs, in
the form of fog, odd/colored lighting, etc. was certainly  created at the
time of the photo shoot by an Art Director ... with delusions (illusions)
of grandeur in mind. I imagine that were any of us to visit the site in
question on a normal working day we'd find no such special effects and it
would look, other than the granite walls, not too different from any other
datacenter, or NOC.