EIGRP question...

Mike Lyon mike.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:49:10 UTC 2008

Howdy,

So I am working on an MPLS migration from provider "A" to provider "B"
of which both terminate into my core via customer prem routers. I have
a single EIGRP process between my core and the two customer prem
routers supplied to me by both providers, of which I don't have access
to. My question is, I would like to take the routes that come in from
the neighbor "A" router and apply some kind of metrics to them so they
are not preferred over the routes learned by the provider "B" router.

Is this possible or would I need to be running different EIGRP
processes between the two customer prem routers and then play around
with some redistribution? I am hoping this isn't the case because I
don't have access to those CPE routers and redistribution is a nasty
thing...

Thanks in advance for any enlightnment.

Cheers,
Mike