Revealed: The Internet's well known BGP behavior

jim deleskie deleskie at
Fri Aug 29 19:47:55 CDT 2008

Announcing a smaller bit of one of you block is fine, more then that
most everyone I know does it or has done and is commonly accepted.
Breaking up someone else' s block and making that announcement even if
its to modify traffic between 2 peered networks is typically not
looked as proper.  Modify your taffic good. Do it to anyone other
traffic = bad.