It's Ars Tech's turn to bang the IPv4 exhaustion drum

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:28:00 UTC 2008

routing.

Just to be clear - this http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291#section-2.5.4
does say:
"   All Global Unicast addresses other than those that start with binary
   000 have a 64-bit interface ID field (i.e., n + m = 64), formatted as
   described in Section 2.5.1.  Global Unicast addresses that start with
   binary 000 have no such constraint on the size or structure of the
   interface ID field."

(And again - this is a case where the real world and the IETF may not agree
100% ...)

/TJ