Public shaming list for ISPs announcing other ISPs IP space by mistake

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Aug 13 21:09:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> We have prefix-filters on our customer bgp sessions, so that should be fairly
> safe, but I see no good way of doing this towards peers as there is no
> uniform way of doing this, and there is no industry consenus how it should be
> done.

Read your peering contract with the other ISP.  It should cover what to do
if this happens.

What? you don't have a peering contract with the other ISP.  Well I guess
there is no requirement to keep the peering session established if the
peer does stuff you don't want on your network.

If it hurts when you do something, why do you keep doing it?