Public shaming list for ISPs announcing other ISPs IP space by mistake

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Aug 13 20:04:27 UTC 2008

The italian courts seem to have told ISPs there to block ThePirateBay
(bittorrent tracker), and this evening (CET) LLNW (AS22822) originated
88.80.6.0/24 via 6762 (telecom italia) to what I presume is most of
Europe.

Basically same thing that happened when people tried to block YouTube a
few months back (afghanistan?).

How do we hinder this in the short term? I know there are a lot of long
term solutions that very few is implementing, but would the fact that
these mistakes are brought up into the (lime)light by a public shaming
list make ISPs shape up and perform less mistakes?

I am still waiting for a response from LLNW NOC on the issue.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se