maybe a dumb idea on how to fix the dns problems i don't know....

Chris Paul chris.paul at rexconsulting.net
Sat Aug 9 22:48:43 UTC 2008

Paul Vixie wrote:
> because TCP is considered optional by many authority DNS server operators.

Hey authority DNS server operators. Can you make a change to your
servers to always allow TCP client connections? Would this be difficult?
What would be the harm?
> it's only required if you expect AXFR or if you ever emit a TC bit.  if you
> don't want to do TCP then you can rule out the TC bit and AXFR and just not
> do TCP, and you'll be dead-to-rights within the various DNS protocol RFCs.

what RFCs forbid TCP for clients? I thought TCP was an option for
clients. I'm not spending the rest of my sunday though reading
rfcs....... and sure as hell not joining another list because to tell
you the truth, I don't really care as much about the typical angry
Sunday list poster (talk about redundant statement....)

thanks for the thoughts, though Paul. I'll leave the rest of this
discussion (should it exist) to others in their forum of choice.... I'm
thinking of nice insalade caprese with true mozarella di bufalo right
now.... now That's A Sunday!"

CP

--
Chris Paul
Rex Consulting, Inc
email: chris.paul at rexconsulting.net
web: http://www.rexconsulting.net
phone, direct: +1, 831.706.4211
phone, toll-free: +1, 888.403.8996

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Rex Consulting, Inc. is a California Corporation.

P Please don't print this e-mail, unless you really need to.