facebook worm

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 05:49:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:56 PM, brett watson <brett at the-watsons.org> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>
>>> Turning nanog into a rehash of digg's technology section or the front
>>> page of news.com reduces nanog's utility.
>>
>> As does the days and days of rehash of one of Gadi's postings.
>
> And all of this BS is even *more* off topic than folks are claiming Gadi's
> post was. This list goes off topic all the time, at least Gadi's post was
> technical.

Not only was his post technical, it was relevant to operator revenue.
"Application" doesn't take these calls, the network operators do. I
can't think of a more relevant NANOG post of late. Saving us a
headache by predefining an issue seems quite on topic to me. FWIW.
YMMV.

-M<

[ No offense towards "Application" intended.]