facebook worm

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Aug 8 01:35:26 UTC 2008

[top-posting]

Now that this worm has been somewhat balked, I'd like to thank the
membership for your patience with this off-topic post. I realize it is
probably as annoying to some as it was useful to others.

My thinking was that on the rare occasion when we can anticipate
*possible* and *serious* floods and bottle-necks at ISP tech-support
lines, across multiple providers and regions, we should share that
information. NANOG remains the best place for such information
sharing.

While I realize this mailing list is mostly about network operations and
less about ISP operations, we had a discussion in the past where we have
seen some in our community do use this information effectively and find
it useful.

This is a rare occasion indeed, but an explanation and an apology were in
order.

Thank you,

 	Gadi.