Out of Date Bogon Prefix

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Aug 6 04:37:52 UTC 2008

> Perhaps a monthly update would be useful?

we are running it approximately monthly from servers on three continents
to see how things change over time and how locations differ.

oh, and we do comparative traceroutes do diagnose *where* the filter is.
 just pinging out there, as patrick suggested, does not tell you where
the blockage actually is.

sad to say, folk do not seem to remove filters.  but when we wrote to
them, they did.

credit to olaf maennel, now of t-labs, tu berlin, etc., for most of the
hard work on this.

randy