Fwd: [LN20080729.4147] RE: AS 28551

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Fri Aug 1 13:05:57 UTC 2008

I think that 161.164.248.0/21 and AS 28551 may be hijacked.

To summarize

AS 28551 is announcing 161.164.248.0/21

28551 is assigned to LANIC but has not been assigned to a end user.
161.164.248.0/21 is assigned to WalMart
161.164.248.0/21 is currently routed through AS35681 - VINDAVA-AS -
which is in Bucharest, Romania

I think that this is a bogon.

Regards
Marshall

P.S. I have asked WalMart about this, and received no response.

Begin forwarded message: