Problems sending mail to yahoo?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Apr 12 04:35:50 UTC 2008

[ should this move to nanog-futures?  well, it's a quiet saturday ]

> Collocation would be a useful idea - save airfare, hotel etc.

immensely difficult.  the nanog sc could not even get the nanog
administrative structure to avoid a direct and damaging conflict with
afnog for the next meeting.  if successful, it will have taken over two
years of work to get a meeting in the dominican republic. ...

not that this might not be worth trying.  just that it is extremely far
from simple.

>>  otoh, being on the frobnitz program committee would be an interesting
>>  lesson and exercise in industry physics.
> You think there's not enough convergence + shared interests in such
> programs?

different question.  what i meant was that the synergies and tensions
between the subject areas would be quite evident on a joint pc, and have
to be worked out.  doing so would be an educational experience.

> I mean, abuse + security teams could care less about MPLS and peering,
> but there is a lot they're discussing (walled gardens, botnet
> mitigation etc) that does get discussed in far better detail at nanog.
> Or at FIRST.

yes.

randy