fiber switch for gig

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Wed Apr 2 02:04:06 UTC 2008

I have one of these.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/Layer3ManagedSwitches/GSM7328FS.aspx

Relatively inexpensive, and works happily with Cisco or OEM GBICs. I've
always had good success working with their engineering folks for feature
requests and troubleshooting. My main gripe is there is no good RPS
option for it right now.

Are you running the fiber connections as GigE, or 100FX? Are they L2 or
L3 routed connections?