[NANOG] Level3 not honoring Broadwing contracts?

Edward B. DREGER eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Tue Apr 29 15:43:46 UTC 2008

JA> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:18:07 -0400
JA> From: Joe Abley

JA> From recent threads, the increasing price of power and cooling makes
JA> me think that colo providers would far rather have half the tenants
JA> paying double the price than have to retrofit facilities that are
JA> full to meet increasing demands for watts in and out.

But the facility Chris referenced is half-full -- at best.  Not only is
space plentiful, but cooling and electrical have plenty of reserve.  The
price still would be reasonable at a higher rate.

The funny thing is, the facility is in a market so small that I doubt
the DC's aggregated revenues meets L3's typical _per-customer_ minimum
volume requirements. ;-)  Perhaps L3 wanted the telco side of Telcove,
and just plans to scuttle the IP stuff -- which has some pretty stupid
"backhaul everything to ATL even though DFW is far closer" routing
topology, anyhow. *shrug*

Life goes on.

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.