[NANOG] DWDM More Details

John Lee john at internetassociatesllc.com
Fri Apr 25 18:28:47 UTC 2008

Yes, but in very specific cases such as older ZD, NZD fiber and SMF with 20 or more lambdas (at 2.5 Gbps or less) and with Ultra long haul and ultra DWDM 600 - 800 miles, 25 nm spacing and fiber with too high a water vapor content and/or higher impurities in the fiber. If you have less than optimum fiber you need the additional optics and electronics to make it perform.

So my question is the same as the underliying one in your presentation which for Scott is what are you trying to do and there are several ways to reduce the cost or if you need the super neat, highest speed, longest run stuff you will pay for it.

Side note, I liked your two presentations.

john