[Nanog] ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010

Dorn Hetzel dhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:37:38 UTC 2008

My directivo records wads of stuff every day, but they are the same bits
that rain down on gazillions of other potential recorders and viewers.
Incremental cost to serve one more household, pretty much zero.

There are definitely narrowcast applications that don't make sense to
broadcast down from a bird, but it also makes no sense at all to claim for
capacity planning purposes that every household will need a unicast IP
stream of all it's TV viewing capacity...

-dorn