[Nanog] ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 19:16:38 UTC 2008

I believe you have to take in account from whom and where some
assertions are coming from.

The article is full of gaffes, just to mention one "Internet exists, thanks
to the infrastructure provided by a group of mostly private companies".

AFAIK, most of the telecommunication companies and technology
providers that conform the core infrastructure of the net are
public traded companies, including AT&T.

And I concur that even with the dramatic traffic increase due HD media
is hard to believe that "20 typical households will generate more traffic
than the entire Internet today" in three years.
Perhaps he is transpiring what from a legal point of view AT&T thinks
about "Net Neutrality" and  his take about public/consortium vs private
traffic policying.

My .02