[Nanog] [admin] Re: ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Apr 18 22:57:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Jeff Shultz wrote:

> Mike Lieman wrote:
> >>  > From: "Mike Lieman" <mikelieman at gmail.com>
> >>  >
> >>  > On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Scott Francis <darkuncle at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  > > http://www.news.com/2100-1034_3-6237715.html
> >>  > >
> >>  >
> >>  > It's a FUD  attempt to get people to forget about how AT&T owes
> >>  > everyone in the US with a telephone a check for $150,000.00 in
> >>  > statutory penalties for their unlawful spying.
> >
> > If it's impossible to hold AT&T accountable for violating the Law in
> > such a blatant, wholesale manner, how could anyone believe that they
> > could be held accountable to whatever Network Neutrality standards
> > would be ensconced in Law?
> >

> Are we really going to get into politics here? I smell trolls.
Yes, this is getting very offtopic very fast. Politics, philosophy and
legal are explicitly forbidden on the list, and this hits all 3.

Could y'all knock it off, please?

Please see this for NANOG AUP: http://www.nanog.org/aup.html

Off-topic:

* Whining as in, "so-and-so are terrible lawbreakers and they owe
us".

* Network neutrality (this has been discussed to death here) - unless you
have something poignant to add and you've read in detail what has been
said previously.

* Anything political that does not have operational impact.

* Anything legal that does not have operational impact.

On-topic:

* Operational impact of legal/political/financial external constraints.

-alex