Where are static bogon filters appropriate? was: 96.2.0.0/16 Bogons

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Fri Mar 2 09:51:18 UTC 2007

On Mar 2, 2007, at 12:55 AM, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> One might argue that if a company is not capable of
> setting a policy and managing that policy, then you
> should not implement the policy at all.

I think this really goes to the heart of the matter - the inability/
unwillingness to prioritize and allocate resources to properly
implement 'good neighbor' policies which are not perceived as having
any financial benefit to the organization.

So, can this sort of activity somehow be monetized by the SPs,
remedied by the vendors, or is it a matter for the standards bodies
(or some combination thereof)?

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

           The telephone demands complete participation.

                       -- Marshall McLuhan