Why do we use facilities with EPO's?

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:47:05 UTC 2007

>I fail to see why one couldn't have TWO buttons of the same type
This is done on quite a few lumps of industrial machinery.

>While one of the priest-theologians meant
>well, we learned what happened when holy water is sprinkled into the high
>voltage supply of a gas chromatograph

That's a literal example of what happens when faith and science collide.

More broadly, quote of note from Royal Marine officer after recent floods in
the UK - they were shoring up the walls of a major power-grid switching
station, with water inside the facility and much more outside. "I remembered
electricity and water don't mix, but it wasn't a good moment to think
that.." With 600,000 customers hanging off it, needs must when the devil
drives.