Why do we use facilities with EPO's?

John C. A. Bambenek bambenek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:02:11 UTC 2007

Funny story about that and the EPO we have here...

We have chilled water cooling in our server rooms.  A couple of years
ago we told the facilities guys there was sand in the lines.  They
didn't believe us.  This went back and forth for a few months until
the lines finally ground to a halt.  They admitted sand was in the
lines.

The bring out an HVAC guy... he closes the valve, opens the pipe,
nothing comes out.  He **opens** the valve, nothing comes out.  He
whacks on the pipes with a wrench, all the sand and lots of water come
out very fast.  By the time I got down there, the ceiling tiles were
drenched and looked more like sponges.  Half the room was soaked.

That would be a good reason to have an EPO right there. :)

--
/* handlers at sans.org is an alias for all ISC handlers.
    Please include the list in all replies to keep everyone informed.

Thanks,