Bots back to full throttle

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Jul 24 06:53:11 UTC 2007

The DNS entries for the EFnet and other mainline IRC servers previously
affected appear to have timed-out/been removed from various ISP
caching DNS resolvers I checked.  I didn't check if all the routing
blackholes have cleared up.

User-based IRC servers should back to being pummled by Bot C&C requests
as normal now.

As I said, false positives suck.  Unfortunately there isn't an anti-abuse
system that never makes a mistake; unless you do nothing.  I'm skeptical
of people who claim they've never made a mistake.