DNS Hijacking by Cox

Andrew Matthews exstatica at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:30:45 UTC 2007

On 7/23/07, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Joe Greco wrote:
> > I'd prefer that ISP's tends towards taking no action when taking action
> > has a strong probability of backfiring.
>
> Everything has a chance of backfiring.  So ISPs should take no action.
>
> Please let me know how your next DDOS attack lasts.

We on EFnet take drones very seriously and do a very good job of
cleaning them. I'd say we are probably one of the larger cleanest irc
networks. 99% of ddos come from hacked drones running on C&C servers
that are not large networks. They run their on ircd or use a tiny
network where they will be unnoticed. I also run 2 undernet servers
that have a much higher drone count. I don't see my servers over there
hijacked.

Now if i could find the legality of it, i would.

Drew