Colocation in the US.

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Jan 25 20:56:14 UTC 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:

> The main issue with Flourinert is price -- I wanted some to cool a
> 20W IR laser -- I didn't spend that much time looking before I just
> decided to switch to distilled water, but I was finding prices like
> >$300 for a 1 liter bottle (http://www.parallax-tech.com/
> fluorine.htm). I did find some cheaper "recycled" Fluorinert, but
> it wasn't *that* much cheaper.
>
> I don't remember who made them, but the same laser had these really
> neat plumbing connections

Doh, 10 seconds after hitting send it occurred to me that some sort
of Internet search thingie might help with this -- looking for
"liquid disconnect" found them for me -- http://www.micromatic.com/
draft-keg-beer/fittings-pid-60600.html  -- even better, it seems that
after your datacenter shuts down you can reuse the connectors for
your daft keg! :-)

--
"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

     -- Susan, the ultimate sensible governess (Terry Pratchett,
Hogfather)