Network end users to pull down 2 gigabytes a day, continuously?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Sun Jan 7 20:28:22 UTC 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> I'll try and answer any questions I can, I may be a little
> restricted in
> revealing details of forthcoming developments and so on, so please
> forgive me if there's later something I can't answer, but for now I'll
> try and answer any of the technicalities. Our philosophy is to pretty
> open about how we work and what we do.

Colm, a few random questions as they came to mind:    [;>]

Will your downloads be encrypted/obfuscated?  Will your application
be port-agile?  Is it HTTP, or Something Else?

If it's not encrypted, will you be cache-friendly?

Will you be supporting/enforcing some form of DRM?

Will you be multi-platform?  If so, which ones?

When you say 'TV', do you mean HDTV?  If so, 1080i/1080p?

Will you have Skype-like 'supernode' functionality?  If so, will it
be user-configurable?

Will you insert ads into the content?  If so, will you offer a
revenue-sharing model for SPs who wish to participate?

Many thanks!

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

                     Technology is legislation.

                         -- Karl Schroeder