what the heck do i do now?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Feb 6 13:37:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 10:13:08PM -0500,
> Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote
> a message of 52 lines which said:
>
>>    192.0.2.0/24 - This block is assigned as "TEST-NET" for use in
>>    documentation and example code.  It is often used in conjunction with
>>    domain names example.com or example.net in vendor and protocol
>>    documentation.  Addresses within this block should not appear on the
>>    public Internet.
>>
>> That /24 doesn't show up in BGP

Somebody clipped the "unless something is broken" part of that statement.

> It SHOULD NOT show up, but it does (ROSPRINT-AS, AS2854, does announce
> it and, among others, routeviews.org sees it).

So the simple conclusion is ROSPRINT-AS is broken.  BTW, that route
doesn't seem to propogate very far.  I don't see it via Level3, Above.net,
or TWTC.  What I do see when looking at my incoming distribute list is
that someone seems to keep trying to announce exactly 192/8.