v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sun Dec 30 11:08:34 UTC 2007

Scott Weeks wrote:
[..]
> I have about 100K DSL customers at this time and most all are households.
> 65K wouldn't cover that.  At this point, I doubt that I'd require much
> more than just asking and making sure the person is understanding what
> they're asking for.  Mostly, that'd be the leased line customers.

Thus why didn't you request a larger prefix from ARIN then?
Clearly you can justify it.

Then again, if you are going to provide /56's to home users, nobody will
think you are a bad person and most people will be quite happy already.

In your case I would then reserve (probably topdown) /48's, for the
larger sites/businesses and start allocating bottom-up for /56's to
endusers.

Greets,
 Jeroen