v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Tue Dec 25 10:48:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> For some magic reasons though(*), it seems to be completely ludacrist to
> do it this way, even though it would make the bill very clear and it
> would charge the right amount for the right things and not some
> arbitrary number for some other arbitrary things

> (* = then again I don't have an mba or something like that so I prolly
>     miss out an all kinds of important factors why people have to make
>     it so complex)

I don't have an MBA either. However I will note that many european
airlines itemise their bills such that external costs (like taxes,
shared-resource fees, etc) are seperated out.

This practice seems particularly popular with low-cost airlines, as
it allows them to advertise rock-bottom fares, where that fare is
just the cost they have control of.

So there seems to be real-world precedent for your proposal, in one
of the tightest-margin and most cost-sensitive industries around.

Prettige kerstdagen!

regards,
Fortune:
If you look good and dress well, you don't need a purpose in life.
 		-- Robert Pante, fashion consultant