Sprint fixed

Dennis Dayman dennis at thenose.net
Tue Jan 10 05:31:17 UTC 2006

This is from InterNAP just now.

-Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Notification Report
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 8:45 PM
To: Notification Report
Subject: [EVENT UPDATE/RESOLUTION] Sprint Latency issues 20060109 [190743]

Hello,

As of 23:16 EST today, we have re-enabled the BGP peering with Sprint in all
of our PNAPs.  We were previously seeing latency, minor packet loss and path
problems, which may have caused minor issues with your circuit(s).

Sprint traced this issue to be a fiber cut affecting a number of their IP
services throughout the United States, including their BGP sessions with
Internap in our LAX, SJE, DEN, WDC, CHG, NYC, and OCY PNAPs.  You can read
the press release from Sprint on this issue at the following link:

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=9680

While the fiber cut was being repaired, we had turned down our BGP sessions
until further notice from Sprint.  We received notification from Sprint at
approximately 22:12 EST that all services were restored, and have completed
turning Sprint back up in all PNAPs at approximately 23:16.

While we turned the BGP sessions back up, customers may have noticed some
sub-optimal routing or slight latency as traffic to/from the Sprint network
was re-routed back to using Sprint.  We are seeing stable connectivity at
this time, and believe the issue to be resolved.  In the meantime, we will
continue to closely monitor this situation throughout the evening to ensure
that everything remains stable.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.  Internap
will continue to track this issue under ticket #190743.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Network Operations
Center at noc at internap.com, or call us at 877.843.4662.

Thanks,
-Mike