Common Carrier Question

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Fri Apr 14 15:40:45 UTC 2006

 From reading that, though, it looks like the ISP in question also
has its own telephone product (after all, the quote in the article is
that they are a "North Carolina service provider that calls itself
the '17th largest phone company' in the US"

In which case, the fine may stem from the anti-competitive nature of
blocking their competitor rather than simply because they were
blocking some sort random service.

In other words, what juice would the FCC have against MomNPopISP.com
who decided to block VoIP?

--

Derek J. Balling
Systems Administrator