Issue AS and Subnet Announcment on BGP - Conflict with a major TelCO - 30h+ of route flapping unresolved

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Wed Nov 16 04:46:35 UTC 2005

    Hi,

    I know somebody that is experiencing route flapping for more than a
day now and we found out 10h ago that it was due to the announcement of
his subnet by a major TelCO.

    Once that telco contacted, we got the run around for 10h now and no
willingness from their part to fix the problem immediately.

    We're wondering what is the proper process to make the TelCo correct
their behavior and cooperate?
    (ARIN Conflict Resolution Process, etc ... We found nothing about
this situation)

    Thanks.

    ( For fun go take a look with http://bgplay.routeviews.org/bgplay/ )

-----